Sunday, April 20, 2014

Courage

I don't have much to say today. I have much on my heart and mind, but am having a difficult time organizing the jumble in my brain, and putting those thoughts down on paper in a tangible coherent way. Instead I will quote what someone else said that struck me so profoundly. Sarah Young, in her book Jesus Calling, wrote this:

"Be willing to go out on a limb with Me. If that is where I am leading you, it is the safest place to be...Your desire to live close to Me is at odds with your attempts to minimize risk. You are approaching a crossroads in your journey. In order to follow Me wholeheartedly, you must relinquish your tendency to play it safe.

Let Me lead you step by step through this day. If your primary focus in on Me, you can walk along perilous paths without being afraid. Eventually, you will learn to relax and enjoy the adventure of our journey together. As long as you stay close to Me, My sovereign Presence protects you wherever you go."  

- Sarah Young, Jesus Calling


No comments:

Post a Comment